Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Outback 2016! Preparation, Saturday 25/6/2016

This trip has just Col and I in our Defender. The kids are in their own vehicle. Lisa and Stuart were kind enough to lend them their Pajero. I originally designed this trip for Lisa, but Pockrans are unable to come due to other commitments.

Colin Parkes 50
Cheryl Parkes 45

Jordan Parkes 20
Jack Parkes 18
Siân Baynham 18

Peter Davies 69
Gary Morgan 45
Leah Morgan 45
Eliza Morgan 12
Amara Morgan 8

There isn't as much preparation to do this time as we already have most things we need. Of course the map/itinerary/menu/shopping lists/packing lists have been done for some time now. The Defender has been in at the mechanics for a thorough check over and service. The meat has been ordered and is currently being frozen. Most of it is cryovaced, but I have to do the chicken schnitzel today. Two spag bols are pre-cooked, cryovaced and frozen.

Today I have to do the grocery shopping, start loading the car, help Col put the rooftop tent on and pack my own bag.

I just tried to clean my camera sensor. Probably a stupid move. I hope I haven't ruined it!
We've all finished work now for a month! Yay!!

Two days before we are due to leave and a "super low" has come up from Antarctica. There is snow at Orange and flooding at Warren and Cobar, not to mention the freezing temperatures. I hope the swags won't be in mud the first night.

Two more sleeps!!

I'd better get moving with the shopping and packing!
Mum and dad came out for tea last night to farewell us which was lovely.




No comments: