Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Day 8, Monday 4/7/2016, Kings Creek Station, day trip to Kings Canyon

 Col and I had to pack up our rooftop tent again to go sightseeing at Kings Canyon. Yay! I love it there. It's so beautiful. Leah was suitably impressed.

We did the rim walk in 3hrs. Up the seemingly endless rocky stairs and then clockwise around the rim. 




It was a lot of fun. The kids did some scary pose shots on top of the cliff that freaked me out, but it was
 all an optical illusion.




I totally love the beehive domes! 







Back to camp by lunch time and Siân came to help me put the washing on. All the machines were in use and Jack agreed to go and put ours in after 15 minutes. Jack and Col were reading and Jordan having a shower. Siân and I went with Gary, Eliza and Amara to visit the camel.

After a shower I went back to the camel again with Jordan and then everyone enjoyed looking at the photos so far.




We had collected firewood before returning to camp, and started an early fire.

Davies and Morgans are low on food again, so they went to get burgers and chips for tea. Col didn't want to so we cooked, but the chips looked so good that we ended up supplementing our own dinner with some. The big kids sprinted down to the dining room just before it closed.

No comments: