Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thursday 5/8/2010 Tamworth to Lake Macquarie...The End.

(Tamworth to Lake Macquarie)
Busy morning, everyone off to work and school.
Bye Peter, Anthea, Madison and Haley. So wonderful to see you all. Miss you guys!
We left at 0900hrs for the last leg of our trip. Driving east through our beautiful mountain ranges.
Jack's excited that he didn't miss his Wednesday night soccer game as he found out it was washed out.
Poor Phoebs will lose a house. Thanks for house sitting Phoebe.
Lisa and Stuart will be pleased to lose a dog. Thanks for minding Jet for us.
I spoke with mum and apparently she has even more photos than me! ie 1600 to 1200!!
So sad. 5 weeks absolutely flew by.
Stopped at Singleton Maccas, saw acouple of kangaroos at Branxton and were home by1330hrs.
Home sweet home...
Started the unloading and washing, all had a shower and checked the mail.
Jordan and Jack were desperate as their school reports weren't there.
Apparently Bob next door had collected the mail until Phoebe arrived.
We were visited by Larissa only 2 hours after getting home, giving us the social update.
Then we were off to Lisa and Stuart's to pick up Jet, buying them some wine and beer on the way as a thank you.
Jamie and Michael were pretty happy to have their big cousins back.

Jet was also pretty excited to see us!
I have such a huge job ahead of me, sorting the photos, making a book and hopefully a travel documenary once Jordan gives me a lesson on video editing.
I hope you enjoyed our trip, and hope to see you on our next big adventure!

Total kms:                     10,891km
Total fuel:                      1,410L
Total fuel cost:              $2,220
Average Fuel Economy 13.5L / 100km or 7.4km / L

For itinerary, planning and stats, see the "pages" contents in the sidebar index. I have also added many photos to earlier entries.

If you are interested in any of the photos, they are for sale (in their original size) as framed photos, posters, canvases, cards or calanders at www.redbubble.com/people/parkes for very reasonable prices, delivered to your door. Cheers, Cheryl

1 comment:

Mags118 said...

Hi Cheryl,
Isn't it amazing how fast time flies when you are on holidays, I think it is the same for everyone.

But from what I have read so far, it certainly sounds like you all had a great time.

Jet is gorgeous, and I can imagine the greeting he gave you, I also have a pet dog (red cattle dog)"Lucy" and it never ceases to amaze me the greeting you get even after you've come home from just going shopping.

I haven't been through all your trip yet, but I will get there. I hope you will continue your blogging.