Monday, January 9, 2017

Day 20, Tuesday 14/1/2014, Freycinet

No sleep-in for me. I was up by 0700hrs. There were some loud annoying neighbours with a teenage girl that wouldn't stop wining. I have a splitting headache, aching muscles and feel really down about not climbing Mount Amos with the others. Hours went by with me just reading and swatting at mosquitos and generally feeling sorry for myself. Leah had gone to the beach with her girls and the teens were just hanging around doing their own thing. I didn't feel well enough to go to the beach, but probably should have. I needed a good cold water dunking.




Finally we all went out for lunch at Freycinet Marine Farm, firstly stopping on the way to visit the shortest lighthouse in Australia. You had to drive up a Jurassic style mountain. There were great views across all the mountain peaks. Amazing landscape!



Yum! Col and I had half a crayfish, and oysters with salmon and brie. Jordan and Jack went with salmon steaks. It's another 35 degree day. After lunch Col and I sat in our chairs in the shade and read until our planned 1700hr paddle.








Our paddle today was superb! Around rocks, beside mountains, crystal clear aqua water and great lighting pre sunset. It was a leisurely cruise around the shoreline ending with a choppy paddle straight back across the bay into the wind. Fiona didn't come because of a sore hand and went for a walk with Jess instead, so an excited Jack took her kayak. I had offered mine to Jordan but she didn't want it, said she was too tired and stayed at camp. It was 1900hrs when we were packing up our kayaks.

After a quick spaghetti bolognaise we went down to join the others for party food and drinks. Poor Leah had to walk her girls to the toilet so much that she really didn't get to chat with everyone.

No comments: