Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Day 19, Friday 15/7/2016, Montecollina Bore, Strzelecki Desert

 I slept as long as my bladder would allow, 0800hrs. Col cooked some bacon, and I whipped up some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Col then provided us with a private bird show as he threw some left over egg, and the whistling kite did a wonderful dive for it.

The kids were looking bored after that, so I sent them off to explore the dry Strzelecki creek bed. It was a lovely day of exploration walks that included the creek bed, thermal pools and wetlands. We enjoyed reading by the fire for quite a while. I made a damper for tea and then Col helped me to put a stew in the coals to simmer away for tonight.




In the afternoon there were soccer shots at goals, another walk to view the wetlands, then snuggling around the fire at sunset.




The damper and stew were scrumptious! We have been entertained by our kites again. 

There are about 4 other groups camped in the area, but quite spread out. Another chilly night and I went to bed quite early.

No comments: