Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Day 23, Tuesday 19/7/2016, Darling River, North Bourke

 Happy birthday Chelsea!

It was a lovely paddle cruise on the Darling River. The staff were amazingly friendly. Siân got to drive the boat, and Jack tooted the horn.















Jordan and I were dropped back at camp after the cruise, while Col went with Jack and Siân to get new rear brake pads for the Pajero. They ended up being stuck in town for a couple of hours and went sightseeing and out to lunch. Jordan and I were pretty jealous of that. They had half the lunch food in their car, so we were left with vegemite sandwiches.

I made Jordan come for a walk with me along the river. We were hugging beautiful trees and found a lovely camping spot around the bend further north that I'll have to remember for next time.





The kids had a poker evening while Col and I read and cooked.

Heavy rain is forecast now until after we're home, with all of central NSW on river flood watch.

Sure enough, it's now raining. We seem to always have a rain cell follow us home. To match my mood. I've been having work nightmares the last couple of nights.

We decided to see if there were cabins available at Gulargambone rather than setting up in the rain. Yes! All booked. he's a lovely man. A nice way to acclimatise ourselves to the return home.

We lay in bed reading with the relaxing pitter patter of rain on our tent.

No comments: